Combining plastic surgery procedures is very common among patients. Patients often opt to combine procedures in order to not only ensure they treat all of their areas of concern, but also maximize the results from a single surgical recovery and minimize expense. Some procedures pair better together than others due to their similarity in process or procedure area. If you’ve been considering multiple areas of improvement, read on to find top plastic surgery combinations that work.
Why should you combine surgeries?
There are multiple benefits to undergoing two or more surgeries at once. Some benefits of combination surgeries include:
- Cost: Not only are you saving time by allowing one recovery period and surgical visit, but it might even be economically better as there is some cost savings when procedures are combined.
- Anesthesia: Like many patients, if you’re not a big fan of undergoing anesthesia, combining procedures helps to maximize the gains that can be achieved while having the same risks and recovery from a single anesthesia experience.
- Faster Results: Results tend to take weeks and months to be fully noticeable, so you’ll get to see your final look—all procedures completed—sooner rather than later.
- Recovery time: Individual surgeries mean separate recovery periods. By having two surgeries done at once, you’ll only have to take time-off once (although it may require slightly more time depending on the surgeries).
What are the top combinations?
As long as a patient is a good surgical candidate and your surgeon believes there is no added risk involved with performing two or more procedures at once, any number of surgical combinations are possible. According to Dr. Stallworth, some of the most common procedure combinations chosen by patients are:
- Facelift & Blepharoplasty – Facelifts are often chosen to decrease common signs of aging in the lower areas of the face and neck, but don’t typically treat the area around the upper and lower eyelid. Because of this, many patients opt to have both facelifts and eyelid surgery performed to address excess eyelid skin, under-eye bags, etc. When performed simultaneously, results tend to be more effective in providing a youthful look.
- Rhinoplasty & Chin Augmentation – By combining these two popular procedures, a skilled surgeon can help bring balance to the entire face and profile. A rhinoplasty procedure might provide functional benefits, such as easier breathing, while also improving appearance. This works hand-in-hand with chin augmentation, which is great for facial balance and improving the profile.
Other ideal surgery combinations include:
- Facelift & brow lift
- Facelift & neck lift
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) & Dermal fillers/lip injections & facial fat removal or fat grafting
Are there any procedures you should avoid combining?
As long as your doctor approves your surgeries, there are many combinations to choose from. However, some surgeries don’t make sense to combine given the magnitude of their recovery, among other factors. For instance, undergoing a facelift procedure at the same time as a non-facial procedure, such as breast augmentation, might be a lot for your body to handle. Large surgery combinations could be very painful and come with a higher risk of complications.
At the end of the day, your surgeon will advise you based on your health and other factors.
Want to discuss your procedure options?
Dr. Stallworth is ready to discuss the procedure combinations you have in mind. Schedule an initial consultation to get started!