2021 is coming to a close, and it’s time to end the year on the right foot! Before the new year begins, take time to set the resolutions and goals you want to accomplish over the coming months. One of the most common New Year’s resolutions involves finding ways to feel better and more confident in your skin. That might include surgical changes to your appearance.
Undergoing facial plastic surgery can be life-changing and provide a well-deserved confidence boost! Plastic surgery can help your inner beauty shine as you radiate outer confidence as well.
New Year’s Resolutions
Psychologically, the start of a new year creates changes in our mindset. We spend time thinking about the previous year and what could have been, what we could have done better, and how we could have felt better. The new year is a great way to start setting new goals and to think about new beginnings.
From a mindset perspective, plastic surgery can actually help support other new year’s resolutions as well. We tend to be keener on reaching our goals when we feel our best. When you know you look your best, you’ll start feeling better and putting more time and energy into reaching goals in other areas of your life.
Decide On A Procedure
There are countless plastic surgery procedures that can help you obtain great results when combined with a healthy lifestyle that includes good skincare, restful sleep, healthy foods and exercise. The following procedures can supplement your resolution goals and help you achieve an even more radiant appearance in the upcoming year:
- BOTOX/Dysport/Neurotoxins: Ideal if you’re looking to improve signs of aging and desire results that are subtle, non-invasive, and reversible should you not like them.
- Rhinoplasty: Your nose is the most prominent feature on your face, so enhancing it can be ideal for some people. Rhinoplasty is the most popular facial plastic surgery, and there are several types of rhinoplasty procedures.
- Facelift: To revitalize your appearance and restore a more youthful look, facelifts are ideal. Learn more about them and whether you’re a good candidate.
There are many additional facial plastic surgical and nonsurgical procedures to choose from. Be sure to work with a licensed and experienced surgeon to determine what’s best for you.
Learn About Spring-Time Recovery
Recovery varies depending on the procedure, but many patients prefer to have surgery in the spring for multiple reasons:
- Springtime recovery offers patients the ability to fully recover and achieve improved results by summer.
- Springtime does not clash with busy holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas, during which time people typically attend many social events and may have travel plans.
- Lastly, many facial procedures can be complemented with other forms of cosmetic surgery, such as liposuction, breast augmentation, and more—all performed around the same time to provide one recovery period for all procedures!
Choose the Right Surgeon
To achieve the best possible results, you’ll need to find a surgeon with whom you feel comfortable performing your procedure. There are many online resources to gather information and read patient reviews on different surgeons in your area. Additionally, make sure your surgeon specializes in your chosen procedure. (For more tips, check out our blog all about landing the right surgeon.)
Finally, it’s important to remember that many plastic surgeon’s schedules fill months in advance, so having a consultation on the calendar may require some waiting.
Get started on planning your 2022 facial procedure
If electing to undergo facial plastic surgery is one of your new year’s goals, it’s time to start planning! Dr. Stallworth is here to guide you through every step of the process and help you get to a gorgeous, new version of yourself! Schedule an initial consultation by calling 210-997-3223 or filling out our online form.