Education and Background
A native Texan, Dr. Stallworth was born and raised in Houston. He moved to San Antonio to attend Trinity University, where he majored in Biology with a minor in Business Law. He then enrolled in graduate studies and worked in a neuro-immunology research laboratory at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA), for four years, before entering medical school. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree and completed his General Surgery Internship and Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency at UTHSCSA as well. During his training, Dr. Stallworth was the recipient of the Holt Leadership Award at UTHSCSA and the Leslie Bernstein Resident Research Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). He was then honored to receive a Fellowship position in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Oregon Health and Sciences University (OHSU). While in Portland, he trained exclusively in all aspects of Facial Plastic Surgery under the guidance of world-renown surgeons, Drs. Tom D. Wang, MD and Ted A. Cook, MD.
Following his Fellowship training, Dr. Stallworth returned to San Antonio where he joined the faculty of UT Health San Antonio in the Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Here, he has been able to not only practice facial plastic surgery, but educate medical students and residents as well. Currently, Dr. Stallworth is Clinical Associate Professor in the Department and works in private practice at Texas Plastic Surgery and Stadia Med Spa. Board Certified in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, Dr. Stallworth’s facial plastic surgery practice focuses exclusively on nasal surgery (rhinoplasty), facial rejuvenation (face, neck and forehead lifting), eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), NeoGraft hair restoration, and skin rejuvenation. He is also skilled in facial reconstructive techniques aimed at patients that have suffered from cancers or trauma of the face, head and neck. Additionally, Dr. Stallworth is a co-director of the University Health System cleft and craniofacial team where he works to repair congenital anomalies that include clefts of the lip and palate, microtia (ear malformations) and pediatric skin lesions.
Dr. Stallworth has also found gratification in use of his surgical skills to help those in need. He has been a team surgeon for a number of surgical trips to Peru and Guatemala for the primary treatment of children born with clefts of the lip and/or palate and other congenital or traumatic facial disorders. He is also a proud member of FACE to FACE, a humanitarian program conducted under the auspices of the Educational and Research Foundation for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS Foundation). In both this country and abroad Face to Face surgeons assist those who suffer from facial deformities caused by birth or trauma. Most of those who have been helped abroad are children. The three FACE TO FACE programs are: International; The Domestic Violence Project; and FACES OF HONOR serving our military heroes.” Locally, Dr. Stallworth also serves as a facial trauma consultant to the AHL San Antonio Rampage Hockey Team.
Dr. Stallworth is married with 4 children. In his free time, he enjoys time with his family, following his children’s swim competitions, playing guitar, photography, reading, seeing live music, and cheering for the Texas Longhorns.
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
- American Board of Otolaryngology (ABOto)
- Texas Medical Association
- Face to Face
- UT Health San Antonio
- San Antonio Society of Otolaryngology
- AAFPRS Continuing Medical Education (CME) Committee
- AAFPRS Face to Face Committee
- AAFPRS LEARN Portal Committee
- AAFPRS Surgical Subspecialty Committee – Cleft Lip and Palate
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery Trauma Committee
- ABFPRS board exam question writer
- AAPRFS International
- Holt Leadership Award – UTHSCSA School of Medicine
- Leslie Bernstein Resident Research Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- Texas Monthly Rising Star – 2013, 2014, 2015
Cleft Lip and Palate Surgical Missions
- Capitol City Medical Missions, Coya, Peru 2010
- FACES Foundation Mission, Lambayeque, Peru 2013
- FINN Foundation, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala 2016
- FACES Foundation Mission, Lambayeque, Peru 2018
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man of the Year Candidate, 2018