Sagging skin around the neck is one of the most prominent signs of aging and is a natural process that affects everyone. This can decrease your self-confidence and make you look older than you actually are. Fortunately, a surgical neck lift may help you appear younger and more refreshed. In this blog, we’ll go through what a neck lift is, how to determine if you’re a candidate, the recovery, advantages, and why you should choose us for your procedure.
What is a neck lift?
A neck lift, also referred to as a lower rhytidectomy, involves the removal of extra skin and fat from the neck region, tightening of the supporting muscles, and repositioning of tissues to produce a smoother and firmer neck contour. This surgery can treat a variety of problems, such as:
- Loose or sagging skin in the neck area,
- Extra fat beneath the chin that gives the appearance of a double chin,
- Visible muscular bands in the neck area,
- Jowls or a turkey wattle appearance.
How To Know If You’re a Candidate
If you have extra skin or fat around your neck, or if your skin is less elastic than it once was, you might be a suitable candidate for a neck lift.
- You can see muscle bands around your neck.
- You appear to have turkey wattles or jowls.
It’s crucial to arrange a consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to ascertain whether a neck lift is the best option for you. They will evaluate your requirements, go over your objectives, and suggest the most appropriate course of action for your particular case.
The Surgery Timeline
The steps involved in a surgical neck lift normally are as follows:
1. Anesthesia: You will receive anesthesia to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
2. Incisions: To access the underlying muscles and tissues, the surgeon will make incisions beneath the chin and around the ears.
3. Tissue repositioning: To produce a smoother and firmer neck contour, the surgeon will rearrange the tissues.
4. Tightening of the muscles: The doctor may tighten the underlying muscles to give the patient a more youthful appearance.
5. Skin removal: The surgeon will trim away any extra skin and fat from the area around the neck.
6. Closure: The surgeon will use stitches and bandages to close the incisions.
The length of the procedure depends on how extensive the needed correction is, but it usually lasts between two and four hours. Our staff will keep a careful eye on you after the procedure to make sure you are recovering well and pleasantly.
A neck lift can offer many benefits, including:
- Improved neck contour and definition.
- Smoother, firmer skin in the neck area.
- A more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
- Enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem.
Why Choose Us
We recognize that choosing to undergo a neck lift is a big decision. To assure the best results, we use the most up-to-date methods and technology while providing individualized, compassionate treatment. You can feel secure knowing that you’re in capable hands when you choose us for your neck lift operation. Contact us today!
Leave A Comment