A “nose job,” or rhinoplasty, is a surgical operation that can improve the nose’s look and functionality. It’s important to know what the operation can and cannot fix, though. We’ll go over the pros and cons of rhinoplasty, as well as why it could be the best option and how we can help, in this blog post.
What Rhinoplasty Can Fix
- Correct cosmetic issues such a hump on the nose’s bridge, an asymmetrical nose, or a drooping or hooked nasal tip.
- Reshape the nose to provide a more proportionate and balanced appearance.
- Address functional problems, such as a breathing obstruction caused by a deviated septum.
- Improve the nose’s look and functionality.
- Additionally, rhinoplasty can fix functional problems that occur over time from aging. These can include weakness of the nasal sidewalls, tip sagging (ptosis) and nostril collapse.
What it Can’t Fix
Although rhinoplasty has many advantages, it’s crucial to understand its limitations-
- Noses are not static, fabricated objects. They are living, breathing tissue and require healing that is beyond the control of the surgeon and patient.
- No surgeon can change a patient’s skin. Skin thickness can limit the degree of definition obtained from a rhinoplasty procedure. If we were to attempt aggressive thinning of the nasal skin, the skin could die and/or scar leaving far greater problems than at the start.
- Opening of the nose for breathing will NOT cure allergy symptoms. For symptoms like itching, a runny nose, sneezing, and other seasonal congestion, patients will still require allergy medications or management to help provide an optimized airway even after surgery.
- No human being is perfectly symmetrical. Thus, rhinoplasty cannot provide precise symmetry form one side to the other.
- Rhinoplasty cannot provide a patient with a designer nose to look like some one else like a celebrity
- Rhinoplasty is very individualized and must be planned and tailored for each individual patient. What works for one person may not be the right thing for another.
Why It Might Be The Best Choice
- Boost self-confidence and self-esteem by fixing a part of your look that you may have been self-conscious about for years.
- Improve your facial appearance and offer benefits like easier breathing and better sleep.
- Offer a customized strategy made to meet your unique desires
Furthermore, by improving an aspect of your look that you may have been self-conscious about for years, rhinoplasty can increase self-confidence and self-esteem.
How We Can Help
A trustworthy plastic surgeon can evaluate your particular condition and make a customized recommendation. We may collaborate with you to determine your objectives and develop a unique strategy to bring about the desired result. Rhinoplasty can be a highly successful way to improve your nose’s appearance and functionality with the appropriate strategy and a skilled surgeon.